Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Katz's Deli

We went to Katz's Deli on a whim over the weekend since we were in the neighborhood. You just can't go wrong with the pastrami sandwich there. In spite of the hectic and sometimes questionable service, the meal is always so worth it.
The quintessential pastrami sandwich of NYC. I haven't had a pastrami sandwich at other places like Carnegie Deli or 2nd Avenue Deli, so I can't compare, but most people would say that Katz's is the best, and I totally believe that. If you haven't tried it yet, you MUST.

We also wanted to try something new, so we split a Knoblewurst sandwich. This is a garlic sausage. Not knowing much about it, I thought it would be served on a sausage bun, but it's actually cut up and served on rye as you can see in the photo. Normally, I really don't like mustard, but I put it on this sandwich, and I definitely think it tasted much better with mustard. I would highly recommend this sandwich as well - very tasty, and at least it's something different.

While Katz's Deli is a definite tourist attraction, it's one of the few in the city that's actually worth going to for us New Yorkers.

Katz's Deli
205 E. Houston St.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"for us new yorkers." hehe

i've been craving one of thems for a while.