Friday, August 29, 2008

Tank Noodle

Chicago has a pretty big Vietnamese community, so therefore has it's very own Little Saigon. My family and I decided to go to Tank Noodle on Broadway and Argyle last week to have some pho, which this place is known for. This definitely was the best pho I've ever had!


I had the pho consisting of beef noodles soup with sliced beef, well-done flank, skirt flank ($6.95). It also came with a generous helping of lime, bean sprouts, and other garnishes on the side. The broth was perfectly tasty and flavorful with the right amount of richness and saltiness. The refreshing taste from the spices the broth is cooked with was not masked at all by the beefy flavor of the broth. The beef itself was also quite tender and freshly cooked.

Aside from the pho, Tank Noodle also has lots of fresh fruit smoothies and bubble tea. I went with the avocado smoothie which was fresh and not too sweet nor creamy.

I think Tank Noodle will be my go-to spot for a bowl of pho.

Tank Noodle (Pho Xe Tang)
4953 N. Broadway St
Chicago, IL

No comments: