Sunday, January 13, 2008

Aquagrill

For one of my graduation dinners in May 2007, my parents, Gabe, and I went to Aquagrill, a seafood restaurant bordering Tribeca and SoHo. It was a pretty solid place - not too casual, not too elegant, and overall, really great seafood and good service. It was a good place to celebrate a non-romantic special occasion and definitely a good place to take parents and/or out of towners.

I didn't take pictures of everything that was on the table. In fact, I just took pictures of what I ate. My dad got the Bouillabaisse, which looked really interesting and appetizing. My mom got grilled Australian Barramundi, which I believe was a special of the day. I'm sure both dishes were good and very fresh.

Both Gabe and I ordered the Truffle-Crusted Chatham Cod. I know it's not good for there to be duplicates of any dish on the table, but neither of us good resist this dish. It came with wild mushroom ravioli, roasted hen of the woods mushrooms, creamed spinach, and a truffle mushroom sauce. There was absolutely nothing faulty about this dish. Everything went together really well, and the cod was perfectly cooked.

For dessert, we got the Coconut Panna Cotta that came in a mango, papaya, and pineapple sauce - very refreshing. We also got an assortment of ice cream that came with cute star cookies.

I totally recommend this place for fresh seafood in a casual yet sophisticated atmosphere.

Aquagrill
210 Spring St
New York, NY 10012

No comments: