Saturday, January 12, 2008

chinese sausage fried rice

Since my dad (or my brother) always make chinese sausage fried rice, I figured it was time to make it for myself. Not to mention, the hole in the wall Chinese place next to Gabe's apt makes pretty decent Chinese sausage fried rice.

I started by cooking the garlic in sesame oil, then added 2 Chinese sausages (cut into pieces) after a few minutes. I next added some day old white rice and bean sprouts. Finally, I cracked an egg in there, let it cook until about halfway (sort of just on one side of the pan, away from the rest of the stuff). When it was about halfway cooked, I mixed it in with everything else, so there would be tiny pieces of egg mixed in, like how fried rice usually is.

Overall, it wasn't bad, but I should have used 2, maybe even 3, times the amount of garlic that I did.

No comments: