Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Caracas Arepa Bar

A long time ago, before I knew anything about the New York food scene, I ate at Caracas Arepa Bar with a group of friends. I randomly felt like trying it again a couple of weeks ago, so I went to the take-out side to grab an arepa as a late afternoon/early evening snack.


I ordered the La Del Gato, which came with fried plantains, avocado slices, and a chunk of guayanes cheese...for a whopping $6. Yeah, that's expensive. The arepa was no bigger than the palm of my hand, and while it was very stuffed, I still don't think it warrants $6. Maybe I'd pay $4 for it, but $6 really seemed overpriced for a little snack. Don't get me wrong. It tasted really good and the arepa was crispy, but...ehhh. I just didn't think it was worth the price.

Basically, only go there if you're willing to cough up $6+ for a little snack that should really be much cheaper than it is.

Caracas Arepa Bar
91 East 7th St
New York, NY

No comments: