Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Yummy Noodles

As of now, I'm officially back in Chicago for the next two months. Since I was so busy hanging out with people during my last few weeks in New York, I haven't gotten a chance to update this blog much. I have a lot to catch up on! A couple of weeks ago, Gabe and I were craving some Chinese food, so we went to Yummy Noodles in Chinatown. I had never been there before, but he has with his coworkers. Ugh, why didn't I discover this place before? Everything about it was better than any other similar place in Chinatown. It was cheaper, cleaner, and better.



Gabe ordered the Salt and Pepper Pork Chops. It was perfectly crispy, salty, and flavorful. It was also a massive portion at only maybe $7 or $8. The meat itself was also very tender and not chewy or dry at all, which is a problem I sometimes have with pork chops.


I had the Rice Casserole with Chinese Sausage and Preserved Duck ($5.25). I've never had a Chinese rice casserole, so little did I know that it's like the Chinese version of bibimbop! I always love it when the rice gets burnt and crispy at the bottom, yum. Even though it was a large portion overall, there was still way more rice than Chinese sausage and preserved duck. I hate having a lot of leftover rice because I feel like it's such a waste. But I can't eat rice without meat to accompany it, so unfortunately, I didn't finish all the rice. In any case, this dish was really good and cheap considering the portion.

And perhaps the most charming thing about this Chinese restaurant are the tshirts that the waiters wear. On the front, there's a picture of a diamond, and underneath, it reads, "Noodles & Co." On the back, it says, "Noodles are forever." Get it?! To top it off, the tshirts are black, and the print is in Tiffany's signature greenish color! Seriously, I loved it. I would so totally rock that shirt too, you have no idea.

For a change of scenery, go eat at Yummy Noodles. I like it better than any other standard Chinese place in Chinatown.

Yummy Noodles
48 Bowery
btwn Bayard and Canal

No comments: