Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Momofuku Bakery and Milk Bar

For the first of mine and Gabe's big eating extravaganza during my visit in NYC last weekend, we stopped by Momofuku Bakery & Milk Bar for a pork bun and a couple of cookies.


We each had a pork bun with pork belly, cucumber, hoisin, and scallions. Of course, the pork belly was melt in your mouth. My only complaint is that after having so much pork belly lately, I think Momofuku's pork buns are a bit overpriced for only a few bites per bun. Maybe it's time to seek out equally good pork belly buns in Chinatown. If anyone knows of any, please let me know.


We also bought a couple of cookies - the Compost cookie and the Corn cookie. The Compost pretty much has everything in it - chocolate, oatmeal, some nuts, and I don't remember what else. I'm picky about my cookies, and this one was a bit too sweet for me, but Gabe loved it. I did, however, LOVE the corn cookie because, well, it wasn't really sweet in the way cookies usually are. It basically tasted like sweet creamed corn, which is a flavor I'm quite fond of.

Even though I still think Momofuku's tiny pork buns are a little overpriced, they really are quite tasty and tender, so it's definitely worth the try. I didn't try enough sweets, but from what I've read, Momofuku goes heavy on the sugar, so beware if you tend to be hyperglycemic.

Momofuku Bakery & Milk Bar
207 2nd Ave
New York City, NY 10003

(oh man, that's my old zip code...::tear::)

No comments: