Tuesday, March 25, 2008

BZ Grill

I decided to order deliver from BZ Grill in Astoria last week. Overall, everything was really good, and the platter portions are huge. Delivery came within half an hour which was pretty quick considering the size of the order.

I decided on the Seftalia sandwich, which is a Cypriot specialty. The meat is made out of minced lamb and stuffed with mint. It was very tasty, and there was almost a refreshing quality to it, perhaps due to the mint.

I also ordered a side of grilled haloumi which is a salty Greek cheese. We loved this appetizer, and it was especially good with squeezed lemon, which balanced the saltiness of the cheese. I recommend this as an appetizer, but it's definitely best eaten immediately since it gets hard as it cools.

Our other orders included the Mix Grill for two which really came with a bit of everything, plus rice and pita bread. It was $14.95, and still a ton of food for two people. I may have to just order that for myself sometime and make three meals out of it.

Perhaps due to the number of items we ordered, they gave us a TON of pita bread which was great. They also gave us little containers of what seemed to have been a goat cheese spread. I really enjoyed this with the pita bread, but of course you have to like goat cheese.

BZ Grill really does have great Greek grilled foods - your typical Greek pita sandwiches and grill platters. Out of the places I've tried in Astoria, this is my favorite. It's not in the most convenient location for most Astorians, but based on my past experiences, they have very reliable delivery.

BZ Grill
27-02 Astoria Blvd
Astoria, NY
718-932-7858

No comments: