Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Panini maker!



My mom bought a big panini maker on sale for $60 at William Sonoma. I was really excited about it because I love paninis. The picture above is of a nutella and banana panini. I also made a serrano ham and manchego cheese panini for lunch. I used Pepperidge Farm white bread for both, but I think I need to use a better bread. I didn't realize how flat the bread would get from the panini maker, so I think I'll try a good loaf of Italian bread next time.

Both the jamon serrano and manchego cheese were bought from Costco. And on that note, you can buy the culinary treasure, Iberico de Bellota from Costco too! That's the jamon that comes from pigs that are only fed acorns in Spain. Typically, you can only find this in Spain or France, but I guess it's made its way to Costco in the States. For $29.99 for 4oz, it's defintiely not cheap, but it was certainly delicious with a distinct nutty taste, which I assume is from the acorns.

No comments: