Monday, May 12, 2008

More Ramps!



I sauteed the remaining ramps that I had bought last Wednesday because they were already so unfresh and close to soggy today. That probably contributed to the lack of taste. Oh well. I separated the bulbs from the leaves and cooked everything in a bit of olive oil and garlic. The raw ramps didn't smell like anything today, so that's probably associated with the fact that there wasn't too much taste in the bite. However, I have really bad breath right now, and I'm pretty sure it's not just from the garlic. I may take another trip to the Greenmarket this week. Hopefully there will still be some ramps left. If there are, I'll probably buy another bunch and try the eggs&ramps, potatoes&ramps, or simply sautee them in olive oil and garlic again.

No comments: