Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Shake Shack

A few weeks ago, I was in the Shake Shack line for an hour and a half. Was it worth it? Not really. The only reason why I braved that ungodly line was because I had a few hours to kill before attempting to catch the Pope mobile in the UES. Believe me, it's a tasty burger, and the cheese fries certainly hit the spot, but I don't think I'd wait that long ever again. The burger just isn't that out of the world amazing for it to be worth that long of a wait nor the $4.75 price tag for a single Shack burger which is pretty small for my standards. (Note: I'm more of a big burger kind of gal) I believe the Blue 9 burger (a double cheeseburger), which I had a week and a half later, is the same price. It might not be as quality, but it's not too far off from the hyped up Shack burger.

In terms of the custard, concretes, and shakes...they're also pricey. I'm from Chicago, which is where frozen custard originated from. Therefore, I grew up on better and cheaper custard than Shake Shack's. I personally have not tried their concretes or shakes, but I don't think I can cough up $5.50 for a shake that I know I won't be able to finish anyways.

Shake Shack is good, but I don't think I'd go out of my way for a meal there again. Maybe if I pass by, the line looks short, and I'm craving a burger, then I would because it does taste good. If you're in the area, you can check the cam on the website to see what the status of the line is.

P.S. Sorry, I've been lacking photos in the last few posts. As far as Shake Shack goes, I was too hungry by the time I got my food that I forgot to take pictures of the burger.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Trish!

The 'Shroom Burger at Shake Shack (crisp-fried portobello filled with
melted muenster and cheddar
cheese, topped with lettuce, tomato
and shack sauce) blows any normal Shake Shack burger out of the water! Next time you go there, please, please, please try that one instead. :)

Warm regards,

Cami

Anonymous said...

blasphemy!!

Es said...

I agree! I just tried the "Shroom burger and it was amazing. I've never had a vegetarian/mushroom burger before but the flavors were great and I loved it. It was worth the 1 hour wait for me